Friday, December 21, 2012

Vanessa's Supreme Lemon Pound Cake

I absolutely LOVE lemon cake.  Even my wedding cake was a Cakes N More lemon with butter cream frosting--magnificent!  However, I have never been able to replicate that particular cake at home.

So, I plagiarized this recipe from my mother-in-law about a decade ago.  I then spent a couple of years playing around with the formula to make it much more "lemony".  While not the same as Cakes N More, it is certainly delicious and super easy to make.  I hope you enjoy!

1 pkg Duncan Hines Deluxe Lemon Supreme Cake Mix (you can probably use whatever brand)
1 (4 oz) pkg lemon instant pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (make sure to strain out the seeds!)
1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Blend all ingredients in a large bowl.  Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.  Do Not Over Mix!!!!  Bake in a greased and floured 10" bundt pan @ 350 for 45-55 min. until center springs back when touched lightly.  Cool right side up for half an hour then remove from pan.  Cool completely then glaze.

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice

Drizzle over cake.  Cool completely and serve!  Viola!  The most lemony cake in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment