Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Vanessa's Embarrassingly Easy Posole'

I have had a few inquiries over the years about my posole'.  I think that most people think it may be difficult to make, and back in the day I used to make it a lot harder than it needed to be.  So, over the years, I have pared this little Christmas Eve recipe down.  It now takes me approximately 15 minutes of actual preparation time--my oven and crock pot do the rest.  So here it is:

1 Pork Loin
2-16 oz cans of hominy
5 cups chicken broth
1-36.5 oz tub of Bueno Red Chili
1-36.5 oz tub of Bueno Green Chili (they both come in hot, med, and mild, so mix and match to achieve your desired heat.)



 
I slow roast my pork loin covered in a roasting pan with a couple of cups of water in the oven at 275 degrees for 4-6 hours.  No need to add any seasoning, as the hominy and chili will provide plenty of delicious flavor!  Then I cut it up into bite-sized chunks, put it in my crock pot with the other ingredients.  Set on low.  Come back when you're hungry and viola, it is ready!  Easy as can be!

This is what our Christmas Eve dinner looked like this year--my homemade posole' with tortillas and tamales from Rosa's.  De-Lish!

No comments:

Post a Comment